The mission of Behavioral Science in the 21st Century is to facilitate Skinner’s vision of behavior analysis as a comprehensive science of behavior by providing a non-academic dissemination outlet accessible to scientists, practitioners, and the general public.
We achieve this mission by:
1) Promoting research and practice in developmental disabilities, autism, and related disorders.
2) Promoting research and practice in underexposed non-clinical areas, including theory and philosophy.
3) Providing an analysis of current world events from a behavior analytic perspective.
The end-goals sought by bSci21 are:
1) To help produce well-informed behavior analysts with a working knowledge of all aspects of the field.
2) To help provide a well-informed public that is able to see the relevance of behavior analysis to their daily lives.
3) To help build interdisciplinary connections between behavior analysts and other sciences.
About the Editor:
Todd A. Ward, PhD, BCBA-D is President of bSci21 Media, LLC, which owns bSci21.org and BAQuarterly.com. Todd served as a Guest Associate Editor of the Journal of Organizational Behavior Management and is an editorial board member for Behavior and Social Issues. He has worked as a behavior analyst in day centers, residential providers, homes, and schools, and served as the director of Behavior Analysis Online at the University of North Texas. Todd’s areas of expertise include writing, media production, entrepreneurship, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Instructional Design, Organizational Behavior Management, and ABA therapy. Todd can be reached at email@example.com.